If you do not know what to make for dinner tonight and you are not a vegetarian, might I suggest the most amazing, melt-in-your-mouth, SIRIOUSLY DELICIOUS Roasted Chicken Tacos?
Did you know that Carson Daly is married? He has this adorable wife who went from full-time career lady to full-time mom to full-time food blogger.
How is this relevant to tonight’s dinner?
While co-hosting the TODAY SHOW this summer, his wife, Siri Pinter of “Siriously Delicious” (best blog name ever), appeared on the cooking segment to share her no-fail family favorite Roasted Chicken Tacos.
I was so inspired by this recipe that I served it at our dinner party that very same night. The recipe was so easy I could hardly contain myself. When dinner was served, all talking ceased. Heads down. Not a peep.
Ultimate. Gastronomical. Delight.
I have told everyone I know about this recipe.
- Basically, throw a patted dry, salt and peppered whole chicken in a dutch oven (or stock pot) on the stove with some olive oil, two chopped shallots (or the onion equivalent) and one chopped celery stalk.
- Brown it for about 8 minutes on each side (breast side down first).
- Throw in a whole bulb of garlic (chop off the end), cover with tin foil, put a lid on it and bake it at 400 degrees for an hour.
- Remove, drape bacon (or pancetta) over the top and cook uncovered for 30 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Remove. Take a cleaver to it (helps to let out the heat), shred up all the meat and throw it back into the hot, bubbling, decadent schmaltz. Stir it up. Break up the bacon if it hasn’t yet disintegrated into the juices.
I have to 100% agree with Mrs. Delicious with respect to her recommended taco accoutrements: grilled tortillas, fresh avocado, grape tomatoes, roasted garlic, lettuce, queso fresco and a drizzle of Chipotle Cholula. Actually, I’d skip the Cholula.
This dish will be devoured and will wow your guests (and kids). It is just as good cold the next day; I ate it straight out of the fridge with a fork. Our friends were more civilized and placed it on a bed of greens.
Let me know how it goes! or post an Instagram #nolaParent!