I am not an accessorizor. I wear earrings and mascara and marvel at those who know how to wear scarves. To spice things up, I’ll add a bracelet or a watch. Maybe a ring. The earrings I do have come from Jen, my sister-in-law and bonafide accessorizor extraordinaire. Were it not for her, I’d just be wearing mascara.
As of late, I am trying to do a better job at pulling myself together. Now that the girls are a little more manageable in age, there is a tad more real estate in my brain to address the critical issue of looking like I have it together.
I decided to host a trunk show with local mommy and Stella & Dot stylist, Cherie Franz. It was so much fun. I tend to shy away from hosting trunk shows because I’m always afraid no one will come but every one of my girlfriends stopped by and to my surprise, they all did some shopping. As a hostess, I earned over $300 in credit.
Here are some of the pieces that garnered attention. Everything was beautiful, stylish and well made. Now I see what all the hoopla is about and I’m actually considering hosting another trunk show in the fall. Wanna come?
Just for fun, here are some of the pieces that garnered the most attention.
1. Palm Springs Scarf – This scarf is so soft and light and can turn any blah outfit into something chic. I absolutely love it. And guess what? Here’s a super fun how-to video on all the different ways you can tie a scarf. When I saw this, I decided that I loved the women behind Stella & Dot.
2. How Does She Do It – Red Ikat – Now that I’m three kids in, I no longer use a traditional diaper bag. This fabulous bag has a wipe-clean interior and a place for my iPhone and water bottle. Between mommy camp and ladies lunches, this bag works. So chic. p.s. “Ikat” is an Indonesian tie-dying technique.
3. Chelsea Tech Wallet – At this point, my husband is embarrassed for me because I carry around a shoulder strap version of a fanny pack when I’m on the go. It’s time for a freshy. This wallet is so cute and has an interior pocket that my iPhone can slip right into. I love the Navy Stripe for summer but I think I like the Black Snake for evening. So well made.
4. Olivia Bib Necklace – Pretty much everyone went ga-ga over this statement piece. It went beautifully with my black boatneck blouse and mandarin Lucky Brand emmie ballet flats. But Katie wowed the group when she paired it with her adorable navy and white boatneck sailor stripe. She treated herself. We were all very happy for her.
5. Together Forever Necklace – This necklace actually wasn’t at the trunk show but I fell in love with it as I was perusing the awesome Stella & Dot catalogue. It’s interesting and sweet and hangs well. A perfect piece for a crisp, white button down.
6. Calypso Coin Necklace – Jen fell in love with this piece. It looked amazing against her deep purple wrap around work dress. It was whimsical and weighty all at the same time. You could pair this with a maxi dress or an office button down. Definitely one of my faves.
7. Signature Clover Chandelier Earrings – It’s pretty amazing what a pair of chandelier earrings can do to your outfit. Chandelier earrings are my go-to accessory to pair with skinny jeans or date night ensemble. These were my first pair of silver chandeliers. Aren’t they beautiful?
8. Bardot Spiral Bangle in Silver – I think I tried this piece on about 20 times. I. LOVE. THIS. It is so beautiful and feminine and screams confidence. This can take you from day to night.
9. Stackable Gem Ring – I tried these on a hundred times. Dainty and fabulous all at the same time.
10. Escapade Earrings – Every girl should have a pair of gold chandeliers. These are classic.
11. Luna Wrap Bracelet – It’s all about mixed metals these days. This is another piece I couldn’t put down. It draped beautifully around the wrist and you can even wear it as a necklace. So chic. I love all the layering variations.
12. Garden Party Chandelier Earrings – These statement earrings are gorgeous. Eye-candy. You need nothing else. Perfect for any New Orleans soiree.
13. Chantilly Lace Cuff – So pretty.
14. Ainsley Bracelet – If you have nothing else for a Mardi Gras ball or New Year’s Eve, have this. Gorge.
15. Light Bracelet – I think every lady at the trunk show purchased one of these, if not multiple ones. My girlfriend Marcie purchased a couple for her baby shower hostess gifts. They’re light, delicate and feminine. Everyone loved them. Perfect for small wrists because you can pull the ends to adjust the size.
Stella & Dot has arrived. Go Behind the Design with CEO and Founder, Jessica Herrin.
You know you deserve a little bling. Visit www.stelladot.com/bellecherie to shop online and select Ashley Bond as your hostess. They are having a June special: Spend $50 in June, get $25 credit in July!