If you plan on doing any shopping or eating November 1 thru November 10, the Junior League of New Orleans is offering its popular Buy, Save and Serve card to help you save 20% on your purchases at over 150 participating stores.
The cost of the savings card is $35. All proceeds directly benefit the Junior League’s community projects that serve the at-risk population of Metropolitan New Orleans through charter school outreach (Judgement Call), nutritional programming (Kids in the Kitchen), and youth development (Lemonade Day, Safe Sitter).
While I’ve never, ever, ever thought far enough in advance with respect to my holiday gift list, this year I am trying to get my act together. I put together a list of purchases that I know are on the horizon. Why wouldn’t I want to save 20%? Here is my list. What’s on your shopping list? Buy your card, save your money, serve our community. Awesome.
- for myself, a cute new Fall coat from Banana Republic
- for the girls, holiday dresses from Orient Expressed
- for our 4 December birthdays, 4 good books from the Garden District Book Shop
- for the gracious hostess, a Seda France French Tulip Candle from Little Miss Muffin
- for my Mother-in-Law at Christmas, a beautiful serendipity pestamel shawl from Loomed NOLA
- for my ladies, a Ladies Lunch at St. James Cheese Factory
If you purchase your Buy, Save and Serve card by October 24, it will be mailed to you. Cards purchased after that date can be picked up at the Buy, Save and Serve kickoff party at Lakeside Shopping Center on November 2 between 10-1pm, which is great because some of the participating stores are in the mall! You can also pick up your card at the Junior League of New Orleans Headquarters located at 4319 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70115. For more information, call (504) 891-5845.